Just got this by e-mail from Slow Food Ireland:
Slow Food for Kids at Hosfords Garden Centre, April 6
Official Opening by Denis Cotter, of Café Paradiso.
- 12.00 noon: Market Opens
- 2.00pm: Official Opening by Denis Cotter
- 2.30pm: Cookery demonstration with Denis Cotter
- 3.30pm: Worm Composting Demonstration with Peter Fitzgerald
- 3.45pm: The Clown entertains
- 4.00pm: Denise Bushby will give a strawberry planting demonstration, strawberry ice lollies, demonstration grow-bag with cropping strawberry already growing. David and Denise Bushby grow strawberries and they supply their most delicious strawberries to the best shops and Restaurants in West Cork.
- 4.30pm: John Hosford will give a demonstration on growing vegetables for kids –pumpkins, courgettes + fun packed seeds. A wide range of stallholders will be attending the market to entice you with their artisan products.
Location/Directions: Main Bandon-Clonakilty (N71) Road, 8.4km west of Bandon.